Demographics and Pyschographics

1) What information do media companies use to create a demographic profile of their audience?

Media companies use demographics (age,gender,profession) to define a target audience.

2) Why are media companies and advertisers increasingly using audience profiling and not just demographics?

Demographics doesn't necessarily categorise people's interests so it may not be accurate by just looking at demographics.

3) What psychographic groups fit YOUR own interests and lifestyle? Explain your decision and remember you may fit into two or three different groups.

I personally believe i fit into a few psychographic groups. I think i could be described as 'The Explorer' as i strive to have a little bit of challenge in my life. I also think i could be 'The Mainstream' as i live a regular life and don't particularly stand out in society. I also like to plan things and i also like to be organised.

Comments

Popular Posts